04 July 2007

Happy Fourth?

"...Human kind/Cannot bear very much reality."

Eliot, you are very much correct. I'm sorry I won't continue to read your quartets tonight.. I'm entrenched in this half-lucid, not quite waking state, which doesn't really allow for much to be taken from complex poetry. I really need to wake the fuck up, though. I've been like this all day - all week, really - and it isn't getting better.

My brain just keeps shooting off on these tangents, not analogous like the fireworks I didn't see, but rather fragments of insidious, isolated unease that isn't affecting me too badly now, but I'm sure that will return at some later date and attack with loneliness at full force.

Fix me.


Please come home. I can't handle this anymore. (Home is where the heart is, remember, it's still on my shelf.)

No comments: