24 November 2007

Nicotine.

I had an old friend that I used to spend quite a bit of time with, and I miss her house sometimes. It was always warm and hazy, and everything was a bit worn down, but comfortable, with ashtrays everywhere (I had a tendancy to tip them) and plenty of caffiene and old movies. I don't miss the friendship so much; she was always preoccupied with some other friend of hers who was a little bit tighter with the local musicians big on the scene, (or just sleeping with a few of them) and I never ranked highly on her "who's in" list. But she talked and I listened, mainly because I didn't have many comments other than questioning where their income was going to come from in five years. Ultimately, our closeness was the product of spending so much time together because there was nowhere else to go when we had no money for gas.

I do miss that house, though. I can't wait until I have my own.

No comments: